The practice of massage therapy is the assessment of soft tissue and joints of the body and the treatment and prevention of dysfunction, injury, pain and physical disorders of the soft tissues and joints by manual and physical methods to develop, maintain, rehabilitate or augment physical function to relieve pain and promote health.
RMTs in BC are trained in:
- The assessment and diagnoses of soft tissue and joints of the body
- The treatment and prevention of injury, pain, and physical disorders
RMTs are dedicated to treating your symptoms of pain and dysfunction, including the underlying causes.
It is widely understood that massage therapy decreases stress and helps control pain. Perhaps less known is the effectiveness of massage therapy in treating deeper structures of the body such as ligaments, bones and joints, fascia, blood vessels, organs and other soft tissues of the body. Massage therapy can provide relief for many common conditions such as:
- headaches, including migraine
- migraine headaches
- whiplash and motor vehicle accidents
- low back pain
- carpal tunnel syndrome
- stress release
- neck pain
- overuse & occupational Injuries
- postural dysfunction and related pain
- pre/postnatal related pain
- respiratory conditions
- scar tissue mobilization
- shoulder pain
- muscle spasms or strains
- stress, anxiety, and depression
- sports injuries
- and many other common conditions related to soft tissue and joint dysfunction
Registered massage therapists in B.C. are some of the most highly trained in North America and are governed by the College of Massage Therapists of B.C. Treatments are often covered under extended medical plans, MSP premium assistance, WCB, ICBC, RCMP, and DVA.
Initial Massage Therapy assessment and treatment (60 minutes):
The initial Massage Therapy assessment and treatment is for all first-time massage therapy patients to Harbour Health It includes history and assessment, hands-on treatment as well as home care and patient education. Please complete the initial history forms online in advance of your appointment. Thank you.
Follow up Massage Therapy Treatment:
For return patients only. New patients, please book initial massage therapy and assessment.
Book online here or email email@example.com or call the clinic at 250-726-7119.
Please note: Our RMTs are currently only treating residents from the Ucluelet/Tofino area until further notice. Thank you for your understanding
Massage therapy treatments include:
*Thorough assessment with orthopedic testing as necessary
* Hands on massage using a variety of modalities
* Follow up homecare prescription including stretches and hydrotherapy recommendations